I think my first posted memory will be about my Grandma Frieda, since she was the inspiration for my sisters original 'Dear Gma' letters and her blog. Here is a special memory I have concerning my Grma F. I wrote it in the same "Dear Gramma" format that my sister uses.
Well, Gramma.... guess it's never too late to start writing to you. We only wrote a couple of times, though I don't know why. One of the few times I did write after we moved from Iowa to Washington, I asked you to send me one of your hankies.. you know, the ones you always kept stuffed down in your bra front... I wanted one that had spent a bit of time there and would 'smell' like you. You sent me a hanky and I smelled that so often, imagining you near me... only to find out later that "of course" you wouldn't send me ''used one"... You just didn't know how beautiful you smelled. I still have the hanky.. stuck in my Bible. Sure miss you and your soft hugs. So glad you were able to be here long enough to meet my two little ones, who aren't so little anymore. They have both made you a great grandma a few more times... but that's another story. "C"
i wrote you a long comment earlier today. I wonder what happened to it and to the test one i sent that i remember seeing. This drives me nuts! lol
ReplyDelete